Hydroelectric power produces electricity from generators driven by turbines that convert the potential energy of falling or fast-flowing water into mechanical energy. In the generation of hydroelectric power, water is collected or stored at a higher elevation and led downward through large pipes or tunnels to a lower elevation; the difference in these two elevations is known as the head. At the end of its passage down the pipes, the falling water causes turbines to rotate. The turbines in turn drive generators, which convert the turbines’ mechanical energy into electricity. Transformers are then used to convert the alternating voltage suitable for the generators to a higher voltage suitable for long-distance transmission.
YEO can offer all below services for Hydroelectric power plants
- Plant Automation (Hydro turbine control, Auxiliary units)
- Condition Monitoring (monitor, protect, and diagnose rotating machineries)
- Generator excitation, protection and synchronization
- Motor Control Cabinets (Frequency Inverters, Soft starters, Star-delta, DOL)
- Instrumentation & Analytics (Flowmeters, Pressure Transmitters, Level Transmitters, Temperature Transmitters, Analytical Measurements)
- Step-up Substation (Turnkey Substation up to 500 kV)